Okanagan Similkameen Stewardship Society (OSSS) is currently seeking candidates for 2 to 4 positions on our Volunteer Board of Directors. We are looking for individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences who are interested in helping us fulfil our vision of promoting stewardship, conservation and enhancement of important habitats for wildlife for the benefit of the public throughout communities of the Okanagan and Similkameen valleys.
Candidates should have experience or expertise in at least one of the following priority skill areas:
- Volunteering, fundraising or working with non-profit or charitable organizations
- Participating in multi-stakeholder groups or on issues involving multi-stakeholders.
- Familiarity with financial planning/management (Note the OSSS has an accountant and bookkeeper)
- Knowledge of or interest in stewardship of habitats and species
- Representatives of local industry (e.g. agricultural) and various land tenures, etc.
For more details, click here.
JOIN OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Join our volunteer email list to receive updates on volunteer opportunities.